Having read this not long after Although of Course You End Up Becoming Yourself, I find myself wondering what an extended interview/conversation between Chuck Klosterman and David Foster Wallace would've been like. They were two completely ...
Edgar Allan Poe is one of the main reasons why I became a reader. His short stories (along with Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery," Isaac Asimov's "Nightfall," John Updike's "A&P," Borges's "The Library of Ba...
I've had this book on my shelf since 1996, when a friend tracked down a copy (this was when it was available only in the UK) and gave it to me for my birthday, knowing how much of a fan of Alan Moore I was/am. Yet I allowed nearly 15 years ...
For some reason I figured Girl with Curious Hair, containing as it does stories from the beginning of DFW's fiction-writing career, would be far more experimental and avant-garde (to borrow some labels from DFW) than, say, Oblivion, a book ...
This 300-page interview reads like a transcript of the best conversation you've ever had in your life, with the most interesting, erudite, and cleverest person you've ever known. It made me want to go back in time to my college years and se...
No comments:
Post a Comment