Movies have been on my mind a lot, recently. I happened to spy the trailer for the fourth Die Hard movie on Yahoo! yesterday, which led me to Apple’s movie trailer page, which helped me decide that I want to see the following movies: Blind Dating, Full of It, Hot Fuzz, Killshot, Knocked Up, The Ex, The Lookout, and Waitress.
I’ve also been rating movies like mad on Netflix, even though I have only one Netflix “friend” (how sad is that?) to benefit from my 630+ ratings.
And finally, I just hauled two boxes full of 83 VHS movies to my office, where I’m going to be giving them away to people who haven’t yet succumbed completely to the DVD format as I have (or am trying to do, at least).
Anyway, making up the list of VHS tapes I’m giving away reminded me of a whole lot of movies I truly love. And this led me to make the following few lists for absolutely no good reason whatsoever. If only I could learn to spend my time more constructively....
Movies I can literally watch twice in a row, with no nagging sense of having “wasted time”
- Blade Runner
- Ghost World
- Henry Fool
- Kicking and Screaming
(1995)- Wonder Boys
- Beautiful Girls
- Breaking Away
- Some Like It Hot
- The Warriors
- Before Sunrise
- Rushmore
- Almost Famous
- High Fidelity
- Lost in Translation
- The Seven Year Itch
- The Professional
- Sneakers
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
- Career Opportunities
- Dazed and Confused
- Swingers
- Raising Arizona
- Diner
- The Princess Bride
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High
- The Royal Tenenbaums
- Barbarella
- Charlie’s Angels
- Joe versus the Volcano
- Tron
- That Thing You Do!
- Finding Forrester
- Stealing Beauty
- Empire Records
Movies I have to work myself up to watching because they are so emotionally draining (but that I nonetheless love to torture myself by watching anyway)
- Miracle Mile
- Titanic
- THX 1138
- Leaving Las Vegas
- Jude
- Battle Royale
- William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet
- Heavenly Creatures
- Mad Max
- Sister My Sister
- Eraserhead
- The Ice Storm
- Lolita
(either version) - The Terminator
- Quills
- Unforgiven
- The Doom Generation
- The Abyss
- Ms. 45
- Alien
- The Quiet Earth
- Dream Lover
- Barton Fink
- Flesh and Bone
- The Misfits
- My Dinner with Andre
- The Beach
- Poison Ivy
- Boogie Nights
- Buffalo ’66
- Holy Smoke
Some of my favorite movies that may lead you to believe I’m either a 14-year-old girl (false), or a 33-year-old guy who remembers high school just a little too fondly (true)
- Heathers
- Sixteen Candles
- 10 Things I Hate about You
- Bring It On
- The Breakfast Club
- Say Anything
- Clueless
- Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael
- Mean Girls
- Drop Dead Gorgeous
- Footloose
- License to Drive
- Jawbreaker
- Teaching Mrs. Tingle
- Lucas
- Can’t Hardly Wait
- Get Over It
- Dance ‘Til Dawn
Movies I will occasionally re-watch to confirm that (a) I wasn’t missing anything the first few times around and that (b) they do, indeed, stink worse than the ‘gluttony’ dude in Se7en (another movie I didn’t like, by the way)
- Eye of the Beholder
- Mallrats
- Boys
- Two of a Kind







No comments:
Post a Comment